« Home | Jay Dee aka J-Dilla - RIP » | My book of rhymes » | Are our souls so empty? » 

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 

Corinne Bailey Rae rocks & another brother leaves us

So last night I am sitting in the living room watching tv and then up comes Corinne Bailey Rae and she comes out on an interview done for Trevor Nelson's The Lick(TM). I am like damn. Is she for real? You think music like that died with the coming of such stupid cats that want to act like they singing buit they really aren't. If you havent listened to anything from her I suggest you go and get something. The sultry voice is consuming. And she has this look about it. It is alluring I say for starters, it is indie, without being to freaky and she does look like someone I would enjoy working on a few things with. Now I am not trying to suggest nothing but you have to give respect. Like an old Shona saying goes Chakanaka chakanaka, mukaka haurungwe(What is good is good, milk does not seasoning). In essence that is to say if something is good as it is, no need to put something on it, just enjoy it as it is. She is correct and she will get better. Hopefully the all powerful willing, I will get to do what I need to do for that cycle.

On a sad note I want to pay respect to singer, songwriter, arranger, musician and producer Lynden David Hall who passed away this past valentine's day after a two year battle with cancer. Painful for someone so young to be taken from us. He was an assuming kind of artist. I remember how involving the first song I ever heard from him Crescent Moon, which till this day is my favourite from the man, he created a hunger for music, not just sound but real music, the kind that has a meaning and takes you somewhere. And when he performed All You Need Is Love on Love actually who would have thought in a little while we would be mourning the brother

He was 31Rest In Peace Brother

About me

  • I'm zimgooner
  • From Harare, Zimbabwe
  • I apply genius wherever it is needed.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates